2 Concerns with accepting NDAs... Re: portfolio docs that WERE confidential...

Subject: 2 Concerns with accepting NDAs... Re: portfolio docs that WERE confidential...
From: Daniel Dern <dern -at- pair -dot- com>
To: TechWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 14:01:33 -0400 (EDT)

Why not just add a banner to the page where you have to accept the NDA,

Or even just YA site registration.

1) Here's one argument against this method: doing this forces your prospects to get added to somebody else's prospect database, which in turn means they're now on a list they otherwise didn't want to be on.

For example, in order to access a white paper for a project I'm working on, I had to register... and sure enough, within 15 minutes, a sales rep called me.

And suppose this list gets sold or otherwise re-used.

I'm not complaining (in this case), just pointing out the complication this creates.

2) Even if this wasn't a concern, your prospects have now agreed to be responsible for some third party's confidential information. Suppose their
system gets compromised?

My opinion is you need to find a way to share information that doesn't
compromise confidentiality nor get your prospects onto somebody else's
sales list. E.g., redacting the document which you then post. If this
isn't too complicated.

Daniel Dern

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help