RE: Robo vs Flare

Subject: RE: Robo vs Flare
From: Debbie Hemstreet <D_Hemstreet -at- rambam -dot- health -dot- gov -dot- il>
To: Peter Grainge <pgforums -at- gmx -dot- com>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 04:57:02 +0000

You wrote: All these products have strengths and weaknesses and I see it as a case of finding the HAT that has the most strengths or fewest weaknesses for what any author needs.

I couldn't have said it better. The slam-dunk to get Flare for my client was that their product is on a Mac. At the time (2010), Flare was the only HAT that tested output in Safari on a Mac. To the best of my knowledge, this is still the case.

We have, since then, had a few Mac-specific issues with our output and the support people at MadCap have been simply amazing in testing and debugging to the point of being able to advise us what exactly we need to go to Apple about for some of those issues! They even helped us find work-arounds, despite the fact that the problems were due to Safari-on-Mac specific problems.

That, for me, says it all!

Deborah

Learn more: http://bit.ly/ZeOZeQ