Documentation behind a login

Subject: Documentation behind a login
From: Helen Mullally <helen -dot- mullally -at- alfresco -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 11:58:23 +0000

Hi all

I'm interested to know what people think about putting documentation behind a login screen, for example to offer extra documentation for paying customers.

I wonder what views you have about about giving all documentation freely available online. Do you see the restricted access to some documentation as a business opportunity or an annoyance/hinderance to the wider readership and prospects?

I don't know whether there is a yes or no answer to this but it is more about the principle.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Helen Mullally

Manager, User Assistance team

Skype: helen.mullally

Visit TechWhirl for the latest on content technology, content strategy and content development |