Re: User Documentation in Agile Development Teams

Subject: Re: User Documentation in Agile Development Teams
From: "Monique Semp" <monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "Robert Lauriston" <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L Writing" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 09:05:08 -0700

In software development, a problem I've seen far more often is that developers don't really understand customers' use cases.

Yes, that's correct!! <rant-kvetch>I've worked with many teams at many companies where the engineers in particular don't have any idea how the whole flow will work, what the customers need from the product overall, and how the customer will use it. When I talk to the engineers they're often not even troubled by the fact that they don't know. They frequently say things such as, "I'm just implementing the protocol, and donât need to know how this code fits into the process." Such thinking certainly explains the lack of usability in systems!</rant-kvetch>