Re: Testing to Ensure Accuracy of Inform

Subject: Re: Testing to Ensure Accuracy of Inform
From: "D. Citron" <dcitron -at- GATE -dot- NET>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 1994 17:10:44 GMT

: ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
: How do you resolve this dilemma in your situations? Do you feel it's your
: responsibility to test everything, or do you feel it's not your job to check
: up on everything you're told -- that if someone gave you wrong information
: it's
: their fault and not yours? I try to test everything I can while still
: meeting
: deadlines, but I always feel uneasy sending something out that I haven't
: verified, because I know it'll come back to me as a documentation bug,
: regardless of whether I got it from a spec that was wrong.

I test and verify wherever possible, but it is not always applicable.
Some of the information received from programmers is not verifiable, because
I am not a programmer, and don't have access to the code -- or wouldn't
understand it. However, I make it clear to clients that technical review
for accuracy is THEIR responsibility.

David H. Citron .................................... dcitron -at- gate -dot- net
Tech Writer/Journalist/Copywriter -- Contract/Freelance/Telecommuting
| Can you trust a government that subsidizes tobacco and tries to |
| ban vitamins to make intelligent choices about YOUR health care? |
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" ... Benjamin Franklin