Re: Pulling My Hair Out

Subject: Re: Pulling My Hair Out
From: Shelley Larock <larock -at- TYCHO -dot- ARH -dot- CDC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 1994 17:05:24 GMT

Hi Heli and everyone else,

Heli wrote:

> I have unfortunately had the same experience. In my case, I was told that my
> edits would "change the meaning"--the absolute no-no. At the time, I was not
> secure enough in my skills to counter that argument effectively. But
> looking back, I believe that this marked the beginning of an anger that
> eventually led to my divorce.

Maybe I made this out to sound like more than what it is. All it
really is is two very stubborn people in a relationship, neither
of who like to be told they're wrong. I guess I was making a
reference more to the general engineering, programmer, scientist, etc.
groups who like to think that on top of their brainy degree they
also have a wonderful knack for writing and don't like to be told
otherwise.

One time I edited my boyfriend's resume and he didn't understand
why I suggested the changes I did. He said it was just fine the
way it was, so I told him to stick it up his ass and leave it
there until he was ready to take some constructive criticism.
He pulled it out the next day, made the changes I suggested, and
sent it out. :) Oh yeah, he did increase the font size by
one point. Seems as though that was one thing *I* forgot to
notice. So I asked him if he remembered to update his address
and phone number on his resume and he gave me a blank look.
Seems as though that was one thing *he* forgot to do.

Thanks to you all for listening!

Have a good weekend!

Shelly La Rock
larock -at- tycho -dot- arh -dot- cdc -dot- com