Platform-independent online help

Subject: Platform-independent online help
From: Kelly Thompson <kthompson -at- SNEEZY -dot- AUTOSIM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 1994 08:31:30 -0700

We are investigating various methods for creating platform-independent
online help and would appreciate any suggestions, comments, warnings, etc. We
have looked at various products, but we haven't found any that are capable of
running our help on SGI, Sun and HP workstations and on PCs under both DOS and
Windows.

HTML has caught our attention, but we could use some insight into this method
as well. Have any of you created local online help using HTML? If so, did you
use any of the HTML editors and/or convertors out there? Most information I
have found on HTML has been related to use on the Internet, but it seems that
it could be used for local online help as well.