How to get Eudora free for Windows or Mac

Subject: How to get Eudora free for Windows or Mac
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 1995 18:32:10 -0800

I have heard the comment many times on the lists I read that it is hard to
edit mail. People apologize for their typos or their inclusion of whole
unedited prior postings by saying that their mail program is too hard to use.

Eudora is a remarkably easy program to use. If you access email by dialing
in to a unix system from your Mac or Windows PC, Eudora can make your life
easier.

Eudora is a commercially available program, but they also provide free
versions for Mac and Windows. The free versions give you everything you need
for trouble-free email.

The attached material is excerpted from the (solicited) mail I received from
Qualcomm that tells you how to obtain the free versions of Eudora. I've
streamlined it a bit. In consideration of the concerns many of you have
expressed about advertising, I've deleted everything concerning the
commercial product. I have nothing to do with Qualcomm, but I use Eudora,
and I like it a lot. I use it over a dial-up line to a local unix system.

Edited announcement from Qualcomm:

New free versions of Eudora for the Macintosh (1.5.1) and for Windows
(1.4.4) are now available. The corresponding manuals for Macintosh and
Windows are available via ftp and e-mail (list server). To obtain the
freeware via ftp, login to ftp.qualcomm.com as anonymous and retrieve the
application file from the /quest/mac/eudora/1.5 or /quest/windows/eudora/1.4
directory.

To obtain the manuals via ftp, login to ftp.qualcomm.com as anonymous and
retrieve the appropriate user manual file from the directory
/quest/mac/eudora/documentation or /quest/windows/eudora/documentation

To obtain [column A] by email, send a message to majordomo -at- qualcomm -dot- com
with the body text [column B].

[Column A: What you want] [Column B: How to ask for it]

Programs:
Macintosh (370k file) get freeware Mac/Eudora.hqx
Power Macintosh (650k file) get freeware Mac/Eudora/fat.hqx
Windows BinHex format (290k file) get freeware Win/Eudora.hqx
Windows uuencode format (400k file) get freeware Win/Eudora.uu

Manuals:
Macintosh User Manual (340k file) get freeware Mac/doc.hqx
Windows Manual BinHex (370k file) get freeware Win/doc.hqx
Windows Manual uuencode (510k file) get freeware Win/doc.uu

The files will be delivered to you as message attachments. Be
aware that the transfer may take some time on slower connections.

That's it. ...RM

Richard Mateosian Technical Writer in Berkeley CA srm -at- c2 -dot- org