Word 6 TOC - solution, maybe

Subject: Word 6 TOC - solution, maybe
From: Thom Remington <remingtf -at- DSSRV01 -dot- DS -dot- DUPONT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 08:33:30 -0500

Previous writer described problems with Word 2 document when pulled into
Word 6. TOC got all funky & updating TOC led to problems with pagination,
etc.

I ran into some bizarre problems with documents that I translated from W2
to W6. It's been a while, but if I recall, the solution was to copy the
contents of the W2 file into a new W6 file and create the TOC, etc., from
scratch. I've had W6 for almost two years now, and so I haven't had
occasion to do the translation lately.

Disclaimer: there may be other ways that work, and this way may not always
work. It did work for me.

Of course, W6 is supposed to read W2 documents flawlessly, but then again
my first computer was supposed to be IBM-compatible. It was. Mostly.

Thom Remington
DuPont External Affairs Technical Publications
Wilmington Delaware

Opinions expressed are mine alone, but you can see stuff that's official at

http://www.dupont.com