HyperHelp

Subject: HyperHelp
From: Tim Altom <taltom -at- IQUEST -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 1996 07:51:00 EST

I left this message over in the WinHelp newsgroup, but I thought perhaps
some of my colleagues could contribute to the discussion.

A client is using HyperHelp, which, for those who aren't familiar with it,
is a compiler/viewer combo for the UNIX environment. It can take help file
RTFs and HPJs and convert them into UNIX help for X Windows. That supposedly
lets you develop help files in a more familiar MS Windows environment and
move them "effortlessly" into UNIX. But this is the first time I've worked
with the stuff, and the first time for the client, too. And I have to train
their people in developing help files.

What I'd like a line on is HyperHelp's limitations. What sorts of things
don't work from platform to platform? DLLs for sure, and anything that makes
a system call. And one user told me to watch the kind of graphics they used
in the Windows version. What other nasty little snakes are waiting in there?

Thanks in advance,

Tim Altom
Vice President
Simply Written, Inc.