Best Books

Subject: Best Books
From: Beth Jankowski <bjj -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 1996 19:28:36 GMT

I am sure this topic has been covered before, but I would like to
revisit it. Recently I recommended two books, and I have gotten
several requests for more information on them. These are two books
that have been extremely useful, and so I will post the information
here for you all. However, could we use this as an opportunity to
share what we have found to be "best books" on writing? Or on using a
particular technology in connection with writing? Here's my two:

_Using Word Version 6 for Windows_, Copyright 1993 Que Corporation
ISBN: 1-56529-469-6
An excellent source of "how-to's" and tricks in using Word 6. It's
where I found the RD file technique that freed me from master
documents forever! My copy came with a small quick reference booklet
that has been quite useful. I just hope they have a Word 7 version in
the works.

_Write Tight_ by William Brohaugh
ISBN: 0-89879-548-6
Great suggestions for tightening up your writing style, humorous and
easy to read. Covers technical and non-technical writing.

I look forward to seeing what you have to suggest!

Beth Jankowski
bjj -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com