Re: (Fwd) Re: Web publishers

Subject: Re: (Fwd) Re: Web publishers
From: Marilynne Smith <mrsmith -at- CTS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 23:01:00 PST

I use Internet Publisher for WordPerfect 6.1 to generate the intial files.
IP is an HTML generator of a sort. When I've gone as far as I can with
that, then I go to HTML Assistant, which helps with the tagging and allows
me to clean up the mess and tweak things. In my opinion, if you want a nice
Web Site you have to code.

Marilynne
At 12:18 AM 3/26/96 +0000, Stephan Andraksen wrote:
>Fellow TechWriters:

>Here's an example of NON-WRITERS taking on the task of developing
>HTML for a WWW site.

>Most of the recent HTML "generators" are so very easy to use (thanks to those
>almost weekly advances in technology), that I wonder if
>the importance of this skill, as listed on a writer's resume, has
>somehow been lessened.

> Quite a few of the recent postings to TECHWR-L have mentioned HTML
>and the WWW. Just how important is this skill to the
>technical writer in search of employment? IMHO, not very important
>at all!

>Sandra

Marilynne Smith
mrsmith -at- cts -dot- com