Re: (Fwd) Re: Web publishers

Subject: Re: (Fwd) Re: Web publishers
From: Beth Jankowski <bjj -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 1996 16:31:42 GMT

It may not be a tie-breaker today, but since Microsoft has announced
that, as of next year, they are standardizing on HTML for help
systems, and eventually phasing out Winhelp, it will be. The people
coming out of the session at WinWriters where they announced this all
were muttering, "Well, I'm gonna learn HTML now!" It's not just for
the WWW anymore.

As to reliance on an HTML authoring tool, I take the attitude I have
for Winhelp authoring tools. They are a great benefit in turning out a
lot of code fast, for debugging your work, and for organizing your
project. But I, for one, want to know what is going on behind the
scenes. If I have to go directly to the code to fix a problem, I want
to know how that code works. And often the fastest way to edit a
project is manually - I frequently bypass my Robo and work directly on
the files.

Beth Jankowski
bjj -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com