Re: Speaking of "#"

Subject: Re: Speaking of "#"
From: "Elaine R. Firestone" <elaine -at- CALVAL -dot- GSFC -dot- NASA -dot- GOV>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 10:56:57 -0500

>>>Eric asks: What is the name for the hand-written character which is an
abbreviation for the ampersand ("&") character? Here's an ASCII
approximation:

---|---
\ |
\|

If you draw this out by hand you'll see what I'm referring to.
Is this called an ampersand too? Mini-ampersand? Ampersand Light? (or
Ampersand Lite for you marketing folks <g>).<<<

>I'd call it a handpersand! <rd&g>

I would, too. It's just the handwritten version of it.

Elaine

Elaine R. Firestone
elaine -at- calval -dot- gsfc -dot- nasa -dot- gov
elaine -at- seawifs -dot- gsfc -dot- nasa -dot- gov