Online Mac Help

Subject: Online Mac Help
From: Tina Cipolla <tcipolla -at- ACCUSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 12:02:08 -0500

Hi all:
We are trying to create online help files for a Mac program we are
creating. In our endeavor to do this we purchased Acrobat in the hopes
that we could create our help docs on a Windows system and subsequently
publish them on a Mac system. Here is the problem: our document is very
long and there is no way (or seems to be no way) to automate the
bookmarks. If we want bookmarks we must manually enter them. AND if we
change the source document and replace the pages in the new document we
lose all of the bookmarks (if the page numbers change). So, anytime we
updated our documentation, we would lose all of our bookmarks. My
question is: what do people use to create online Macintosh help? Is
Acrobat really the standard? If Acrobat IS the standard, how do people
handle bookmarking and indexing long documents? Is there any other
program we might consider using that has automated bookmarking and/or
indexing?

Thanks!
Tina Cipolla
AccuSoft