Re: Iomega company phone number

Subject: Re: Iomega company phone number
From: Geri Pilcher <gerielen -at- DELTANET -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 11:47:37 -0800

Hi,

----------
> From: Kelly Kremin <Three_Cats -at- MSN -dot- COM>
> To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
> Subject: Iomega company phone number
> Date: Monday, January 13, 1997 7:23 PM
>
>I chose an Iomega zip drive. Can't get its software to
> install. (Setup initializes, names the zip drive, looks for Iomega adapters
> then hangs indefinitely back at the "close all Windows programs" dialog box.
> No error messages, no clues.)

I'm curious. I just bought an Iomega Zip drive as well (SCSI rather than parallel). I was using an existing SCSI card and trying to piggy back to my scanner. Tried installing the software as well and my computer could not find the zip drive. Then I just tried connecting the zip drive directly to my SCSI card; still couldn't find it. II read and re-read all their instructions, but no luck. I'm taking it back for a parallel Iomega, so I'm wondering if the one you bought is a SCSI or Parallel drive. If yours is a parallel drive, then I'll be getting a refund rather than an exchange.

Has anyone else had problems with Iomega zip drives as far as installing them?
Thanks.
br>>  TECHWR-L (Technical Communication) List Information: To send a message