Re: Where does an "Information Manager" fit?

Subject: Re: Where does an "Information Manager" fit?
From: "Ekstedt, Peter (GP)" <EKSTEDTP -at- ANZ -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 09:49:00 +1000

>4. Do you have any thoughts about how she could market this rather
>specialized skill set?
>
>5. And (if somewhat boldy) - anybody out there looking to hire or contract
>a trouble-shootin' problem-fixin' technical librarian?

Your sister obviously has an excellent combination of;

(a) high level planning skills, and
(b) high energy implementation skills

Every business I've ever been involved with is _crying out_ for people
with this combination of abilities.

Establishing a consultancy would be one option, however it can be
difficult (and costly) to establish yourself and get your first few
clients.

Another option (depending on political conditions) would be to discuss
her thoughts with her current employer. Some engineering firms offer
value-added services to other engineering firms. "Information
management" could be one of these services. Your sister could market the
new service through her employer's existing industry contacts, while
simultaneously overseeing the part-time library technician at home base.

Peter Ekstedt
ekstedtp -at- anz -dot- com