SGML authoring tools?

Subject: SGML authoring tools?
From: Laurie Morgan <lmorgan -at- BNI -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 08:07:25 -0500

Does anyone know if there are SGML authoring tools for Macintosh? (I
know that Framemaker + SGML is available but I've been told by an
SGML-conversant person that it's cumbersome compared to "pure" SGML
authoring tools.)

Also, what's involved in doing SGML authoring? I currently use
Framemaker to create largely print documents and haven't worked using
SGML before.

Laurie Morgan
Technical Writer