Game manuals

Subject: Game manuals
From: Kevin Harper <kevinhNoSPAM -at- TIVOLI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 15:50:46 -0600

Melissa Hunter-Kilmer wrote:

> The manual is for Civilization II by MicroProse. I've played the game
> for quite a while, but I didn't crack the manual because, well, you
> *know* how manuals are. Who needs them? You can figure out
> everything you need without 'em, right?
>
> Recently I actually did crack the manual, because I wanted to get my
> spaceship to Alpha Centauri in the smallest possible time. (Yes, it's
> one of those cerebral games. ;-] ) I was amazed! The manual
> actually helped me!

My observations about the Civilization I and II manuals:

* They're well-written
* They're chock full o' background info about the game
* If you want to know the best ways to implement a strategy
for winning a game, then the books are almost useless.

Yes, the manuals contain some information about strategies,
but if you want to know the real scoop, then you have to
plunk down an extra $20 or so for the book that discusses
such issues. That annoys me to no end.

--

Kevin Harper | "I'm only here to be a chick magnet."
| --Dogbert
kevinh -at- tivoli -dot- com |

If it's about technical communication--post it! If not, don't!