Re: Online help wording question - Mutation

Subject: Re: Online help wording question - Mutation
From: Mona Albano <Mona_Albano -at- PROMIS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 12:27:53 -0500

Ah, but I did _not_ suggest inflicting the term "GUI" on the
reader. As practitioners of the same trade, we can fling our
own trade's jargon around freely in shop talk. But I don't want
to make the reader decipher "radio button" vs "button" or "
list box" vs. "dialog box" unless there's a darn good reason.

-- Mona

Teresa Wittel said:

Ooops, did I hear you criticize the use of radio buttons as "jargon" in
the same email with the phrase "GUI"? Where does one draw the line here
- personal preference? I think any term (read "jargon") defined in the
Glossary is an acceptable term to use in the manual. (Of course that is
my personal bias, which is thrown out immediately upon accepting a job
with pre-defined standards.)
Teresa Wittel
NCS Sr. Information Developer
Mailto: WITTTE -at- ncslink -dot- com