Re: Word Page Numbering

Subject: Re: Word Page Numbering
From: "Ridder, Fred" <F -dot- Ridder -at- DIALOGIC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 19:06:10 -0500

On Thu, 19 Mar 1998, despitia -at- THINQ -dot- COM wrote:

>Is it possible to number the pages in manual created in Word 7.0 if the
>page has been set up as a 8.5 x 14 landscape page with two columns and each
>column becomes an actual page (the page is folded in half in other words).
>The function in PageMaker is Book. Is there such a beast in Word? I
>certainly do not want to add page numbers manually.

Well, the way I would handle this is to change the document to single column
layout on 8.5 x 7 portrait pages with mirror margins and print it onto 8.5 x
14
paper using the "2 pages per sheet" option that is available on either the
HP
LaserJet 5si or the LaserJet 4000N printers that are available to my pubs
group.
That way, you have discrete pages so there is no problem with the numbering.

Of course, not all printers support 2-up or 4-up printing, and I'm pretty
sure
you'd run into trouble if you need to generate PDF of the double-page
layout...

Fred Ridder (mailto:f -dot- ridder -at- dialogic -dot- com)
Senior Technical Writer
Dialogic Corporation, Parsippany, NJ

And to keep our marketing people happy:
Get the Dialogic Edge at: http://www.dialogic.com