Re: Correct usage "i.e." and "e.g." ?

Subject: Re: Correct usage "i.e." and "e.g." ?
From: "Parks, Beverly" <ParksB -at- EMH1 -dot- HQISEC -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 14:00:21 -0700

There should be no punctuation problem. A single period is used if an
abbreviation ends a sentence. (Ref: The New York Public Library Writer's
Guide to Style and Usage.)

And why are the Latin abbreviations e.g., i.e., and etc. sometimes
disallowed, but a.m. and p.m. are accepted? The abbreviations B.A.,
M.A., and M.D. (to name a few) are also Latin. Are they disallowed? (Not
picking on Janice here; just asking in general.)

Beverly Parks
parksb -at- emh1 -dot- hqisec -dot- army -dot- mil = http://www.hqisec.army.mil/cis/
Visit the Friendly Faces of TECHWR-L:
http://www.bayside.net/users/cbsites/techwr-l/