Tech Writing folklore and minstrelsy

Subject: Tech Writing folklore and minstrelsy
From: Marguerite Krupp <Marguerite_Krupp -at- BAYNETWORKS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 15:26:38 -0400

Here's something that may sound a little off the wall.

I'm looking for folk songs and stories about tech writing and/or working in
the computer industry. Could be new words (fairly clean lyrics, please) to
well-known tunes. I already have "I Built a Better Model Than the One from
Data General" (AKA "I Am the Very Model of a Modern Major General" by
Gilbert and Sullivan) , Holly Near's "I've Been Laid Off," and Stan Rogers,
"Punchin' Out the Data on the Xerox Line." But I know that there are more
out there, and I figured who would know better than a bunch of tech whirlers.

The objective of this exercise is to put together a sing-along for our
local STC chapter.

Please reply off-list, to avoid cluttering up the bandwidth. If interest
warrants, I will post a summary.

Many thanks,

Marguerite Krupp
mkrupp -at- baynetworks -dot- com