Re: [2] Request for Proposal forms

Subject: Re: [2] Request for Proposal forms
From: John Gilger <jgilger_it -at- NV -dot- DOE -dot- GOV>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 11:07:33 -0800

I doubt that you would receive many proposals with these terms in your
RFP.

Do you honestly expect the contractor to give you front money AND do all
the work to your satisfaction before you pay for the product?

I can accept posting a bond in some situations, but payment should be
made periodically throughout the contract. Usually this is tied to
milestones and deliverables.

Rowena stated:
<snip>
a "deposit" of
n-dollars may be required against the work to be
completed (paid by the contractor bidding for the
contract). this money is held until the work is
deemed to be completed, at which time it is
refunded and interest is paid to the contractor.
similarly, you may specify in the RFP that payment
will be made only upon completion of the contract.
</snip>

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=