Re: Grease ZERK or ZIRC?

Subject: Re: Grease ZERK or ZIRC?
From: Kate Schommer <KSchommer -at- METSYSENG -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 18:29:06 -0500

It seems that the correct spelling is "zerk" and the best synonym is "fitting" (duh, I knew that, but I've been editing a ponderous engineering spec all day and my technicalese-to-English filter is a bit overloaded...)

Thanks, all, for the immediate and thorough responses. I don't care what everyone else says, this list is the best!


This question is for all the gearhead TWs (I know you're out there):

The connector where you pump grease into a bearing: Is it spelled "zerk" or "zirc"?
I realize this is jargon-y, but I'm squeamish about the term "nipple". Any and all alternate suggestions are welcome!

Kate Schommer
Senior Technical Writer
Metsys Engineering Inc.
612-944-1674 x118
kschommer -at- metsyseng -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000

Previous by Author: Grease ZERK or ZIRC?
Next by Author: Basic font reference
Previous by Thread: Re: Grease ZERK or ZIRC?
Next by Thread: Re: Grease ZERK or ZIRC?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads