Subject: [techwr-l] documentation usage
From: Brian Clements <bclements -at- fpix -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L, a list for all technical communication issues" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 10:59:54 -0500

I'm forwarding an interesting question from a thread at work. I'd love to
hear how anyone else has addressed this question. Immediate ideas are to
survey the company on intranet usage and to add interactives on the intranet
site. The question is:

How do you get people to use the documents already created and under
construction, in their daily routines? There are large areas of
documentation that is "shelf-ware", how do we work on
advising/consulting/promoting their use as they were intended?

Brian Clements
Documentation Manager
fpix, inc.
bclements -at- fpix -dot- com
214-659-5308

As a leading service provider to technical writers, we are proud to sponsor

Rely on ForeignExchange for responsive and professional
software localization and technical translation services.

---
You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com

From