Re: salvaging damaged business relationships

Subject: Re: salvaging damaged business relationships
From: Mike Starr <writstar -at- wi -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 00:30:10 -0600

Sue Kirk skirk -at- iprimus -dot- com -dot- au said...

> What I need to know is what is the best way for me to approach her, bearing
> in mind that she is new to the Company and hasn't had a chance to see how
> this guy operates and in fact might never see. Theres a good chance hes
> said we had a lot of trouble with this writer bla bla bla. How do I salvage
> this relationship. The manager was adamant that he would be happy for me to
> continue working with the Company, but I dont know if he was just using that
> as a way to rehabilitate his image.
>
> I was thinking that I would perhaps send her a brief email ask her about my
> work and try to organise a meeting? My biggest weakness is marketing/
> selling myself so any help would be appreciated.

I'd recommend that you ask the manager who facilitated your getting your
final payment to set up a lunch for you with the new woman manager and
ask him to attend as well and introduce you. He helped you out of an
unpleasant situation and it's a small investment to offer him a lunch as
a way of saying "thank you".

Mike

--
Mike Starr WriteStarr Information Services
Technical Writer - Online Help Developer - Technical Illustrator