Technical Libraries & a thanks

Subject: Technical Libraries & a thanks
From: "Sandra" <spt_76 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 10:49:28 -0800

I want to begin by saying to everyone that sent me so much useful
information about my Style Guides question - particularly Dan Hall and
Jean Weber. As I'm sure is painfully obvious, I am new to the Newsgroup.

Now for my next enquiry - a big part of my job is 'librarian' of all our
internal documentation, mostly in softcopy format, and also the
technical reference books that are passed on to me - such as hardware
and software that we purchase and use. Our library is in a pretty bad
state and I am doing what I can with it, but in general, it is not being
used as it should and is viewed as kind of a nuisance to those that try
to use it (no fault of my own, I'd like to add).

So I would like to hear what other people use in their company and what
the format is for 'checking in' documentation. Currently we are using an
application called PVCS Tracker, but I believe that will be changing to
CCC/Harvest. I could explain the process we are using, but this note is
lengthy enough as is. Generally, I just want to get some ideas on how to
improve our library and make it less painful.

Sandra Tschauner
I.S. Librarian/Training Coordinator
Future Shop GHQ