RE: Good font combination story

Subject: RE: Good font combination story
From: Fred Ridder <docudoc -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: <dgoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 14:12:59 -0400

Yes, and it is actually a very nice, highly readable design. Among freely available fonts, it is probably my favorite sans-serif. I use it frequently.

As much as I like Verdana, I also regret that IKEA chose to abandon their long-time signature typeface (Futura) in favor of Verdana. But IKEA is a good case study in the economic and logistical costs of using a typeface that is not ubiquitously available on every Windows desktop, and how those costs can win out over esthetics and maintaining an identifiable corporate image.

-Fred Ridder

> Subject: RE: Good font combination story
> Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 13:21:53 -0400
> From: DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com
> To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>
> Verdana, however, *was* designed for Microsoft.

Gain access to everything you need to create and publish documentation,
manuals, and other information through multiple channels. Choose
authoring (and import) as well as virtually any output you may need.
http://www.doctohelp.com/

- Use this space to communicate with TECHWR-L readers -
- Contact admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com for more information -